Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Screwed!

Professor Leslie is back again with helpful tips!

Today's topic is : Addmaths.

You know you are screwed in add maths when.....


1 ) You have absolutely no idea which chapter the question belongs to.

2 ) The question asks for a coordinate of a certain point. Somehow you end up with a locus equation. [ Simple answer for a coordinate would be ( 1 , 2 ). Simple answer for a locus equation would be x² + x + y² + y + 1 ( something like that larr.. )]

3 ) The answer you get is 20,000. But the answer given is 2.

4 ) You start binge-eating on Pringles Potato Chips®5 ) You bang your table uncontrollably.

6 ) You worry about your exam and you worry you might see this :

7 ) You spend half an hour on a single question ( no kidding, it happens )

8 ) You get 6 different answers for 6 attempts to solve a question

9 ) You get 8 different values for a CONSTANT

Symptoms above quite familiar to form 4, 5 and possibly 6 students? Get help now!!

Buy screwdrivers man!! They help you get screwed up in Mathematics faster!!

P/S : I found the screwdriver picture from a weird site. Its called Alibaba.com. The screwdrivers are 'Made in China'. lol

___________________________________________________________________

My grandma's acting weird again.

This morning she just suddenly cried. When my aunt asked her why.. she was....

"I received a letter this morning. My father just died."

Well.. she's 87. For great-grandfather to be alive, he would have to be at least 105. Which unfortunately he did not live that long.

___________________________________________________________________

I just bought a new book from the bookstore!

Its called 'The Inheritance Series', which consists of 2 books, Eragon and Eldest. Cost ( my brother ) RM100. Haha, finally managed to knock some money out of him for something I want.


Only 100 pages into the book and I am already hooked. Damn it man!! SPM SPM SPM!!!!!!!!!


I swear I am going to devour this book after SPM.

And the last time I went to Singapore ( that was in October, which was last month ) I saw posters everywhere advertising 'Eragon' the movie. WHY THE FUCK IS NOTHING GOING ON ABOUT ERAGON IN BATU PAHAT??????????????????????????????????

For people who genuinely loved epics like 'Lord of The Rings', 'Wheel of Time' and none of that Harry Potter shit, you might try this book. The beginning's a little like 'Wheel of Time - The Eye of the World ( book 1 )'.

Will give this book a proper rating after I have finished everything.

Hmm.. what have I read so far? Complete with my feelings for the book. ( Scale of 10 )

Lord of The Rings ( Include Hobbit and the 3 books ) - Well, what can I say? 9!!
Wheel of Time ( Book 1 -10 and 'New Spring' ) - Captivating. Overall 8½
Sophie's World ( My personal favourite of knowledge-based books ) - 8½
Old World trilogy ( Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen ) - Great book. 8
Dark Materials trilogy - Running out of complimentary words. 8
Sword of Truth ( 10 Books ) - Pretty good. Overall 7½
Emperor ( Fictional biography of Julius Caesar ) - Nice! 7½
Chronicles of Narnia ( all 7 books ) - 6
Harry Potter ( Bleh.. I don't like. I don't understand why its so popular. The first book was ok, but it began going downhill.. ) - 6½
Angels & Demons + Da Vinci Code ( it was fine.. ) - 6½

That's about the list of series as far as I can remember. I would like to proclaim myself a heavy reader.. there's an entire list of single-books-that-aren't-series that I can't remember their titles. Need some time to sort out my books. I love reading... it induces a mild orgasm as I flip through the pages. No serotonin though. Its rather a kind of unnatural orgasm-ic feeling xD Avid readers can understand what I mean.

Please note : The above mentioned score is given based on my own opinion. You have no obligation to start flaming me and going like 'Wh@+ Y0U $0 $+upEEd |-|@RrY P0++Er Ee$ $uCh a GrE@t B0ok.' You don't have to type like that. It annoys me. But that's the furthest it goes. A mere annoyance. A fly that I shall swat.

Look, not everyone likes something that is popular ok??

Back to Add Maths. I am so screwed xD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Angels and Demons are soooo boring! So is Da Vincci's Code.

No lar, maybe i'm just a bit immature. Those kinda books won't have me reading for long.

I read books like, Empress Orchid (highly recommended) and Non-Fictions lar.

Eh, I wanna meet your grandma :P

SO CUTE!