Saturday, July 01, 2006

Professionalism Chapter III

Professionalism again! First chapter was about barbers in my friendster blog, second was about dentists in this blog ( find it in the archives somewhere.. ) and now the third chapter shall be about.. doctors.

*backtrack backtrack..*

My bro came back from Singapore today! But somehow, ever since he has that fiancee of his, things are not the same anymore. My brother has changed, maybe because he will be getting married soon. But still, I don't like it. He reached Batu Pahat at 2 o clock. But he only visited my parents after he fetched me at 7.30pm. My dad was super pissed off. Because the first thing my bro and his fiancee did upon arrival was checking in the hotel and spending the entire day at Summit, the only half decent shopping complex here. Wtf man.. Somemore my bro actually converted to Christian because she is the only Christian in her Buddhist family. Go figure.

Anyway, my brother asked me how was my trip to Endau-Rompin.

Bro : How was your trip to the jungle?
Me : Ok lor.. very nice :)
Bro : Got see any tiger tracks?
Me : Ya, really got ler! We saw and took photos!
She : Have you considered that it is possible those people there made casts of tiger paw prints and made tracks around.. so that tourists come here and think they really saw tiger prints? Of course lar.. its for tourism what.. Do you think its possible? *nudge my brother*
Bro : maaayyybeeee...

Got me so pissed off. WHAT KIND OF SUGGESTION IS THAT? Seriously man.. how could she suggest such a thing? I mean, Ok lar, you have never been to the wilds before. Such an accusation is baseless, and furthermore, WHO THE FUCK HAS SO MUCH TIME TO DO SUCH A STUPID THING?

Anyway, back to the main topic. Yes, I am sick. Sick as in, having a fever with sore throat, extreme runny nose, cough, sleepiness, tiredness, very angry and pissed off. Right, normal syndromes for a normal fever. Anyway, because my father was too lazy to fetch me to the family doctor, we went to the nearest ( nearest as in, nearest to the restaurant we were eating at ) clinic. Clinic King.

I was like, WAHOWA. King syoot. Royal clinic.

Turned out the doctor was a woman with the surname King. wtf.

So I went in, registered and sat down alone. My parents and bro went to the nearby clock shop to buy clocks for his new house in Singapore. I got number 45, and the current number was 42. And I waited half an hour. Seriously..

With nothing to do, I just sat down and tried to notice everything while hoping time will fly by. And you know what I found out? Inside the entire clinic, there were only women and children, no penguins. So I was like, Shit ass, don't tell me this is a gynaeologist? Or a pediatrician? Am I in the wrong clinic...?

I went outside and read the words at the door. Serious spelling errors.

"Gynelogy. Kidary diseases. Medical Check up. Gall Bladders. Pediatrics..."

Well, at least there's that medical check up. But still, you know lar.. being the only guy there.. of course i feel uneasy lar!

So when my turn finally came ( at last! ) I went in, and the first thing that doctor asked me was..

Doctor :"What is your chinese name?"

Shit.

"Huang Wee Ming" I told her.

Doctor :"How do you write it?"

FUCK.

"I don't know. I never learned Chinese."

Doctor :*scribbles something* Is it this "Wee"? ( Chinese words )

Without looking at it, I said yes. Then, she asked me how to write my 'Ming'.

"I don't know."

She gave me the wtf look. I gave her the wtf look. Then we both felt like wtf.

So I sat down and she began the general diagnosis.

"Whats your prob?"
"fever"
*type type in computer*
"Sore throat got or not?"
"yes"
*type type in computer*
"Cough?"
"yes"
*type type in computer*
"Runny nose?"
"yes"
*type type in computer*
"You everything also got ar?"
"yes"
*type type in computer*

Then she checked my temperature ( 37.3, slight fever ), used the stethoscope on me. Bla bla, biasa lar.. normal sickness.

Then right, she turned and there was like.. 35-+ containers behind her. Wtf? So she took one, took out a big tablet and showed it to me.

"Quite big. Can swallow?"
"Can.. but.. swallow now ar?"
"Not now lar!"

She filled a strange looking round machine with the antibiotics capsules. And its those kind of strange machines you know.. with small compartments, one compartment for one dose of medicine.

She filled it with 7-8 kinds of medicines. WTF???

As she was filling them, she turned and showed me a square shaped little tablet.

"This one will make you sleepy. Eat it only at night. So if you want to do homework, or watch World Cup, don't eat this."

Then she on the contraption, it turned.. and a strip of small plastic bags began rotating below the turning compartments. Each dose of medicine fell into a plastic bag of its own, until the entire strip of around 8-10 small plastic bags all held medicine and were sealed tight. First time I see such kind of medicine-prescriber. High tech syott. I still prefer the traditional seal-by-pressing small plastic bags.

"RM27. Thank you" She said. I took out my wallet, thinking.. *Wtf, no wonder she only has one clerk in front and the least number of patients compared to the other clinics along this road. She does everything herself!*

"Pay outside. Thank you"
"..."

Note : All the conversation above was in chinese and directly translated.
Note : I will never go to that clinic again. So freaking embarassing.
Note : Everyone should go at least once lol. Then you will know.
Note : Doctor King is a Taiwan-trained doctor. Probably she is a Taiwanese herself, considering her surname is King.
Note : I left the clinic with the medicine given. But I don't know which tablet is for which symptom. So.. WTF!

1 comment:

TikTsin said...

memang wtf la =/ weird doctor.

I can't imagine a doctor askin me "you everything oso got ar?" what kinda question is that laaaa? =/ everything...so means aku ada AIDS la kan?

Fake tiger tracks for tourism...tats pure bullshit la. Tourism's not the main attraction there. Sheesh...virgin city folks.