Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Eating alone is lonely

Anyone ever felt eating alone is just about the saddest thing to do? Everytime I find myself with food and no friends around, some form of solitude creeps up in me. The food is not enjoyable, because somehow company during eating is an integral part of the daily ritual. For that reason, I really dislike eating alone. Its too lonely.

I'm struggling to finish Bertie, too many things to do. My university decision-makers are complete assholes, because they took an automated gun out and riddled my timetable with holes. Some holes look as though they have been done in with a bazooka. I mean, 3 hour gaps between lectures? TWO of them in one day? It turned a 3 1-hour-lecture day into a 9 hour day. I shouldn't be whining like this, but I must scream out somewhere that there is an imbecile at large. Oh why is that? Because the 1-hour gaps are unproductive, 2-hour gaps are slightly less unproductive, and 3-hour gaps are lesser unproductive. And they are all unproductive. Complete waste of time.

Why is that so? First, it takes 15 minutes to find a spot to settle down. Then it takes up to half an hour to get the rhythm of productivity, by which time you pack up and go to the next lecture. Or else you can continue the productivity for an extra hour, and find that you cannot finish your assignment. And the next time you sit down, you take an extra 15 minutes to recall what you have done and get back on track. That's one hour to get the rhythm going.

No, I don't think I'm slow. Its to do with the mood. I'm not one to switch modes immediately. Heck, I take at least half an hour to fall asleep at nights.

Ooh, I have not updated for ages and suddenly I come back here whining. I am ashamed of myself.

Oh well, I should finish Bertie soon, because I have purchased Dawkin's The external phenotype. Now, don't start the fire about Dawkins being a complete bigot about religion. He's a downright atheist, and completely pro-evolution theory. Nothing wrong with evolution theory, I think. But I do not think that evolution theory is sufficient to justify the lack of existence of a divine being. Nor do I think it justifies the existence of a divine being. Divinity is a tricky problem, because the only tool we have is faith and logics. Logics is incapable of inferring the divine, simply because it is fundamentally flawed, riddled with epistemic problems. Faith is even trickier, simply because it does not offer argument and it is usually hard to differentiate between the blind, the zealots, the liars and the sages.

1 comment:

chelseaorange said...

I just noticed you deleted an entry. Or so I think. I can't be too sure anymore. But I'm pretty certain your last entry wasn't in March.

Oh and yesterday it took me 2.5 hours to fall asleep after I turned the lights off. I even heard my brother get up for school. You think eating alone is sad, try THAT. Nothing is scarier than just lying there without any distractions. I pretty much wrote a novel in my head with all those involuntary thoughts.