Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So I have started reading

Richard Dawkins. The Greatest Show on Earth. At 'work'.

And the first chapter covers definition and pretty much bitching a bit.

According to Mr.Dawkins, 40% of Americans do not believe in Evolution. They believe in what is known as Creationism, that is everybody just sprang into existence, each discrete and unique i.e. designed entirely by God to be different.

Now, 40% is huge. That's 2 out of 5. And the other 3 are not necessarily evolution fans I guess.

And what do I think of it? I don't know. Pretty much Evolution is the only thing I was thought, and I have not given much thought to this. I follow the philosophical trend of 'nothing is absolute. Science is entirely fallible'. But even then, I feel empathy when Mr. Dawkins mentioned that scientists are not given the due credibility. In some sense that is agreeable I guess.

But to say all life sprang into existence within a week =/ even if we were to go all philosophical about this, while it does not violate any of my philosophical thoughts, it does sound counter intuitive and reeks of religious ideas. Not my idea of common sense nor process anyway.

Regards

____________________________________

Edit 29/12/10
I find Mr Dawkins to be a funny man. His usage of words is excellent in that it politely yells at you 'YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE'

Edit 29/12/10 (2)
Ain't no drama like ToraDora

1 comment:

chelseaorange said...

i totally did not get that laaaast bit.

ps. did you know you can get hemorrhoids from sitting on the toilet too long?