Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Update from Malaysia!

Hello people (or person. That's you Aimee. I doubt anyone but you read my blog)

I am safely back in Malaysia, and still filled with shit.

Sometimes I do wonder why humans are all full of shit. Don't you ever wonder why you go to toilet EVERYDAY and still have shit in you?

(And yes I know its because you eat everyday)

Anyway, I am safely back in BP after a brief stop in Singapore and JB (I still remember someone actually pointed out to me that JB is the state and Johor is the city. I am amazed by Malaysians as always)

My nieces are all veryyyyyyyyy cute. Insanely cute. They drive you nuts about them.

But they are not the main topic for today.

I have noticed that driving in Malaysia is indeed dangerous. Malaysians do not give way to you if you're making a turn or changing lanes. And while they're at it, they make sure you give way to them. By making dangerous stunts that force you to avoid or collide (that sort of rhymes).

Second thing is, I always thought of BP as a small city. Better than a town. With this many cars and people and malls, you would be inclined to agree with me.

If so, why are my neighbors rearing chickens? Not to mention my next door neighbour who kept 3 dogs after his house was burglared (2 rottweilers and one dead).

The dogs are kept in a cage 24/7 and hosed with cold water. Figures they will drop dead sooner or later. I wonder if this is animal abuse. Probably is, but I guess I can't be bothered. I am a Malaysian after all.

Now what pisses me off are the chickens. This is too much. I live in a residential area. Dogs are alright. CHICKENS? What, you hoping for eggs everyday or what? If you want to eat it, but it fresh from the supermart or the market or the farm. If you want eggs, you can get them virtually everywhere. Why the hell are they keeping chickens that cuckoo every 15 seconds during the day?

Speaking of which, animal activists are an interesting lot in my opinion. If the animal is born to be eaten, personally I do not even consider it to be a living thing. Its destiny is the slaughter house and that is the ultimate cruelty. Campaigning against keeping animals in small pens and the like is missing the main point.

This is my personal opinion, I repeat.

If you really want to help them, campaign to get people to be vegans. If you insist on campaigning for them, then you might as well launch activities against keeping fish in aquariums. After all, its an enclosed space and they are in an unnatural environment. Chances are they die earlier that their natural lifespan allows (ignoring the predation factor).

No, you love animals, you want to help them, you don't eat them. Simple as that. Saying you're cruel to animals that are going to end up in the slaughter house is missing the main point.

While I am at it, I am intrigued by the invention of 'fake' meat. Chinese people really can do everything. The introduction of vegan meat is an interesting one. I mean, vegetarian meat? Vegetarian MEAT?

For those of you not familiar with it, its made of dough (I think) and added with bean seasonings that make it slightly saltish. What amazes me is they can control the texture to vaguely resemble the real deal.

You want to go vegan, you don't eat meat. You don't think of meat. Why are you eating even vegan meat? Its against the idea of meat abstinence. It shows your inability to forget meat, and you find a compromise with eating MEAT that is not animal sourced.

Well to me that is another source of delicacy. To you vegans, this is my opinion, don't even think about it even if its vegetarian. Calling it meat is mocking you and your idealogies. (unless you're vegan for health and not for compassion)

Its like I shun the devil and make a pact with the cultist. (Ok bad analogy. I should have come up with a disgusting one)

1 comment:

chelseaorange said...

i am sure im not the only one who visits ok! but i'm probably the only one who comments. you need to up your sex appeal. not everyone is as asexual as i am.

and i love this entry it made me laugh

(word verification for today is: fingering. i take back what i said about being asexual)