Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Argh

I have chicken bloody pox! Aggggggghhhhh

____________________________________________________________________

On an unrelated note, I shall be discussing another issue that might not be an issue today.

Is it just me, or are earphones/handsfree/earsets/whateveryouliketocallit the perfect convenient item for avoiding conversations?

I have friends who are perpetually on the earphone. Its a big turnoff.

When they are walking to class. When they are eating. When they are talking to you. I wonder do they wear it when they bath?

Are those earphones a replacement for your teddy bear then?

First off, you wonder whether he/she hears you or pays any attention to you at all. It kind of tempts you to say all sorts of bad things about him/her, but then you worry that he/she might be able to hear it? It creates an internal conflict I say.

Second thing is, if someone is wearing an earphone, it makes you think twice about talking to them. Because they might hear you and choose to ignore you.

It annoys me when walking along with friends that are perpetually on the ear phone. Come on, this world is more than your music as you slog along your boring life of routine and repetitions.

3 comments:

freesby said...

Funny, I was just thinking of the same thing as well.
And ouch, guilty as charged but in my defence having awesome tunes blasting through your earphones makes those 15 mins walk to uni much much more bearable.
But I draw the line at having the earphones on when you're eating though. Srsly.

P/s - go buy lotto. what are the odds of having chicken pox twice?

The Annoying Bird said...

Hah! I do use earphones when I want to avoid conversations too!

And I doubt now this is my second time with chicken pox. My aunt might have remembered wrongly, and my memory is so dependable I might as well not mention it at all

chelseaorange said...

i use the earphone in the gym / exercising cuz there's where all the psychos are.