Tuesday, March 20, 2007

How to Save a Life??

First things first.. I apologize for the week overdue update.

Firstly, it was because the photos were not ready as promised.

Secondly, my grandmother finally passed away peacefully.

_____________________________________________________________________

Anyway, the photos first. I think I will upload everything onto my multiply. You know, fuck it I might as well load all my photos up instead of saving it in the computer and risk being reformatted.

I sent four rolls of films to Charlie photo in Summit Batu Pahat. The counter assistant served me, and I told her 'Burn CD only'.

She stared at me, then asked me to wait. As if such requests were unusual. ( Oh wait, it IS unusual xD Who the hell would use a film to burn into a CD after the invention of digital cams? )

She returned and told me the price.

RM 5 each roll for film process fee. RM 9 for each roll to burn.

4 rolls add up to around RM 56.

Anyway, she told me to give RM 20 deposit, which I did. Which also meant I still have to pay RM 36 when I retrieve them. That was Sunday the 11th if i wasn't mistaken. She told me they would be ready by Wednesday, the 14th.

On the 14th, I was told it wasn't ready. What the fuck.

So I went back on the 16th. Friday. And yes, it was ready. When I asked her how much.. she took out a calculator and began typing. Then she showed me the calculator.

RM 16.

What the fuck?????????????????????

She showed me how she got that. Simple. 4 rolls of film at RM 9 each is RM 36. I paid RM 20 deposit, so now I pay RM 16.

I got so confused that I paid without asking anymore questions.

I gave her a RM 50. She returned me RM 10. '_'???????????????????????

Apparently I wasn't the only one confused hahahahahahah!

___________________________________________________________________

And on Friday, after I got the CDs with photos, I returned home for lunch. As I was having lunch, my grandmother finally passed away after so long. Yeah, her health was seriously deteriorating, and she seemed to be in agony.

The funeral was held immediately. 3 days in the whatever-place-you-call it. I stayed up two nights in a row to watch over grandma. Together with my cousins of course.

Apparently Chinese believes that if a black cat jumps over the corpse of a just-passed-away person, that person would come back alive in a zombie state. Meaning unrest among the dead.

My cousin saw grandma. She said her goosebumps just rised suddenly but us others felt nothing. Then she was just staring at grandmother while we were chatting away, then she suddenly waved at somebody.

Me and my cousin saw that and turned but saw nobody. Then we asked her she said she didn't do any waving, so we assumed she was mad.

She finally admitted seeing a shadow beside grandma when they were home.

To cut the story short, grandmother is now safely buried beside grandfather.

I miss you Ah Ma.

___________________________________________________________________

Alright, continue with NS.

This is Hazlee. He is one hell of a handsome dude back in camp. And you bet your smelly underwears he is admired by many a Malay girl. Oh yeah, he is also the champion for Cross Country ( 5km distance, which he completed in 18 minutes ).

NS was fun! The rafting team won by 0.00000000000000001 seconds to qualify into the finals hahaha. A Paddle's difference was what my teacher said. Yes, it was that close. And we lost terribly in the finals because we changed one person. That shifted the entire strength balance.

My bahas team won champion for the bahas competition! I was the fourth reserve, and my main role is to contribute POIs, points, and rebuttals. Which I did. And my friends used it well. And we managed to bash our way through to become champ!

And of course, the Chinese guys were pissed off with me. They thought I was showing off when I just walk into their dorm. Then they started their insults saying I had an easy job just sitting there without need to speak. I haven't even uttered a single word. What the fuck is wrong with these guys?

Debate notes.

In Johor, Indians are called 'India'. In Malacca, they are called 'Macha'. I don't know what it means though.
Vetiyananthan ( aka Macha ) and me. We're being assholes, haha. Our second speaker was talking and we were posing for photos. Hahaha xD This was the finals.

What else?? Hmm.. Charlie was Champion for the entire camp's competitions. We got a final score of 29/40, with Bravo 2nd with score 22/40, followed by Alpha 19/40 and Delta got last.

Our teachers were beaming!

___________________________________________________________________

Not much to say about the activities other than its fun. Though I personally feel that the only real thing given real emphasis is the Physical competitions. The Character Building class and Patriotism class wasn't given much importance ( though I liked the teachers ), and the Sastera class seriously sucked ( I seriously hated the instructors ).

The instructors just came suddenly, say 'we are not here for any direct teaching. You do the job and we guide you'.

And what he really means is, he sits down there and shakes his leg while we do our job.

And he has the cheek to show us a pissed off face, as though we were the ones not contributing.

Community Service is a screwed up programme. It said community service. I think they got 'Learning while visiting' and 'Community service' mixed up. Our community service involves going to Museums to look-see-look-see, going to the firefighter's place to learn the way things operate and such. My idea of community service was going to the old folks home, orphanage, clean up places and help flood victims. What the fuck???

___________________________________________________________________

I have a problem with some of the Chinese guys there. In my own company.

I mix well with everyone there. Be they Malay, Chinese or especially Indians. I like the Indian dudes there.

Malay guys are cool and sporting, and they don't nurture any feelings of hate and such.

Chinese guys majority are a great bunch. They are great achievers in sports or academics.

But there is this group, who are neither that excellent in sports, and seriously they don't do well in studies. And their ego, well, the biggest is what I can say. A small slight thing, and they try to pick a fight. They don't like your face, every single sentence you say is rudely rebuked.

I don't like them. In fact, I hate them.

There was once A and B quarreled. During our celebration night B didn't want to join, instead choosing to remain seated quietly at a side. I was concerned so I asked C 'Did A and B quarrel?'

C goes 'MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS LAR STUPID! What for so kepoh???????????'

Okay lor, kasi lu menang.

Then A comes along and says 'oi Leslie, you talk bad about me ar?' gave me a glare and wanted to beat me up.

I mean, why must you practise such ways? Uncivilized scums. Yes I am a bitter person =/

Going by race, the ones I respect most would be the Indians there ( very minority ) followed by Malays. I don't respect some of the Chinese there.

But then, don't want to be labeled as rascist, would I?


Lazy to update photos. Go see my multiply.

1 comment:

Zhi Wei said...

charlie has a conspiracy against us. remember my incredibly impossible yet possible video ordeal? :P